We’re really excited to have gotten to interview Daniel Dennett recently! Dr. Dennett is a University Professor in the Department of Philosophy at Tufts University, as well as the co-director of their Center for Cognitive Studies. He’s also the author of a number of books on evolution, consciousness, memes, language, and more, including Consciousness Explained, Darwin’s Dangerous Idea, and Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking.
We got to ask him about a lot of great topics, including:
– the role of language in spreading culture
– what linguists and philosophers can learn from each other
– whether the gap between linguists and the general public is closing
– computers and whether they’ll be able to use language in a human-like way
– a question from one of our followers about whether we have a dedicated mental language
And more! Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about it.
Reblog for the day crew! ^_^
Dennett interview is up! It’s so exciting that we had the chance to do this. Thank you again to Dr. Dennett for the opportunity!